Community Solar LLC, a joint venture between LXI Capital LLC and AI Renewables LLC, is actively seeking experienced and motivated solar development professionals to contribute to our distributed solar development projects. We are on the lookout for individuals who are self-driven, results-oriented, and committed to excellence. Competitive compensation tailored to your primary location, featuring base pay along with performance-based bonuses. Arrangement: freelancers, part-time and full-time. If you are ready for continuous growth and thrive in a performance-driven environment, please email your resume to [email protected].
#001 Solar Development Engineers / Project Manage – Illinois local candidates only.
- Evaluate a site based on KMZ file/GPS location/parcel address: critical issue analysis and load analysis.
- Manage external engineering firms or consultants.
- Recent experience with utilities: ComEd, Ameren, Xcel and National Grid, etc.
- Recent experience with greenfield development experience with distributed solar projects: 2~ 10 MW in MISO, PJM, NYISO, etc.
- Expert level experience with software Transact, Anderson Optimization, PVsys, PVCase, etc.
- Familiar with most common GIS tools
- Familiar with permitting process in the state of IL, MN and NY
- Basis knowledge of US infrastructure project economics
- Possess a minimum of 3 years’ hands-on experience in solar development.
- Prior experience in EPC or asset management is preferred.
- Proficiency in industry-standard software such as PVSyst, or equivalent tools.
- Proven track record of autonomously resolving complex challenges and driving projects to successful completion.
- Effective communication skills in English, both written and verbal, with the ability to convey technical concepts clearly and concisely.
- Basic programming skills, including Python, and familiarity with commonly used AI APIs/Plugins are highly preferred.
#002: Project Finance Analysts – Remote Opportunities (Part-Time, Full-Time, Contract)
- Prepare valuation models for solar projects.
- Run model sensitivities to assess pricing and returns.
- Assist in preparing business plans, investment memorandums, and presentations.
- 2+ years of professional experience in solar development projects or related sectors.
- Recent experience using forward price database such as Ascend, Platts, etc.
Familiar with solar and battery related tax issues: property tax, sales tax, income tax, ITC/PTC, and various adders, etc.
Familiar with project development cycle, EPC and asset management process
Familiar with capital markets: debt: resources vs. non resources, bridge loan, tax equity flip, sale-lease back, etc.
US Power trading and hedging experience is preferred but not required (forwards/ swaps/options, day ahead/real time/basis/capacity, PJM/NYISO)
Basic programming skills are preferred: macro, VBA, python, Java, SQL, etc.
- Familiarity with distributed solar project development processes.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience in project financing, deal structuring, or investment analysis is a plus.
To Apply: please submit your detailed resume to [email protected].
#003: Real Estate Consultant (Part-Time, Full-Time, Illinois local candidates only)
- Source parcels using various database and channels.
- Conduct due diligence on the parcels.
- Prepare lease agreements.
- Closing lease agreements.
- Min 2 years commercial real estate development experience.
- Strong marketing and sales experience.