Happy holidays to you and your family!
The end of 2022 is just days away and in reflecting over the past twelve months we have experienced plenty of uncertainties: the United States recession, the Russia-Ukraine war, and the European energy crisis has impacted the global economy. At the same time Asia appears to be trending up with a fresh and peaceful market, economically recovering from covid to include a steady growth in their GDP.
This year’s travel across the globe facilitated my reconnection with old friends and the introduction to many new ones. These connections reshaped my world view and future business plans. I appreciate and thank you for the hospitality and business support of our local business partners and friends in Manila, Kitakyushu, Tokyo, Hong Kong, Singapore, and New York City. My first post-covid international trip has re-opened my eyes. Click our updated LXI Capital Overview.
LXI Capital Updates
We continue to extend our investment on a global basis. Our pipeline includes 7+GW solar, battery in the US and 2+GW solar, hydro, and biomass projects in ASEAN (the Philippines, Indonesia, and Vietnam).
LXI is in the initial fundraising stage for the first 500-1000MW solar and battery storage portfolio in the US. These projects are developed by industry veteran teams. PPAs can be secured via in-network international energy companies or go with merchant, whichever provides better economic outcome. Additionally, risks have been significantly mitigated via integration with strategic partnership with key suppliers, EPCs, and power trading desks. Our GP team will welcome a new partner with a strong EPC track record in these projects.
LXI also kicks off our fundraising process for our ASEAN portfolio: greenfield and brownfield solar, hydro and biomass projects.
Ideal investors are financial investors seeking a GP team with a strong execution ability and a portfolio ready to deploy capital via a GP/LP or corporate structure from the US, the UK, Europe, Middle East, and APAC.
Investors Newsletters and Portal Access
The first investor newsletter has been issued. In the interim, we are working on adding an investor portal to our website www.lxicapital.com. If you are interested in receiving our market insights, risk management strategies, and investment opportunities, please email [email protected].
- Chinese PV Industry Brief: Polysilicon prices trending downward.
- Biden-Harris Administration Releases Inflation Reduction Act Guidebook for Clean Energy and Climate Programs.
- Inflation Reduction Act Guidance: IRS and Treasury Release Initial Guidance on Prevailing Wage and Apprenticeship Requirements.
- Macquarie Asset Management’s Green Investment Group Acquires Treaty Oak Clean Energy.
- Glennmont enters US market through JV agreement with GreenGo Energy to develop 1GW of solar and storage.
- The full list of 2023 macro-outlook from the world’s largest investment banks and asset managers.
Interviews, Blogs and Speaking
- SolarConnections Summit 2022 hosted by GameChange Solar, NYC. Panel: What are the Hottest Solar Markets Inside and Outside of the USA (The event summary will be posted via our YouTube Channel in January 2023.)
- Horasis Asia Meeting, Kitakyshu, Japan. Chair the Panel: The Impossibility of Being Definitive About Climate Transition.
- YT Renewable Financial International Interview Esp. #1 – “ESG” with Addison Holmes and Melanie Vujovich @ Pickering Energy Partner ESG advisory
- Interview by the Green Tea, an ESG blogging site: A Global Perspective on Green Financing
2023 confirmed speaking schedules:
- Future Energy Show PH 2023, Manila, Panel: Financing the Philippines’ Energy Future
- Horasis Global Meeting, Abu Dhabi, Panel: TBD
If you are in the region, let’s connect and meet IN PERSON.
For the full list, please click LXI Media.
Please subscribe our YouTube channel to stay tuned for new releases